The Department of Statistical Sciences of the University of Padova (Italy) organizes the international conference:
"New data for the new challenges of population and society" (see the program below).
Speakers are invited, but the participation of scholars is encouraged and free.
Although the conference will be all on an online platform it will be possible to discuss with the speakers.
All the researchers are invited to participate in the flash talk sessions (also online with the possibility of interaction) for which prizes are foreseen.
Wednesday, 22 September
- 9.30-11.00: Population dynamics and the Digital Revolution
- 11.30-12.30: Flash talk session 1
- 14.00-15.30: New data and results in paleodemography
- 16.00-17.00: Flash talk session 2
Thursday, 23 September
- 9.00-10.30: Low fertility is not a destiny. Trends, determinants and policies
- 11.00-12.00: Flash talk session 3
- 13.30-15.00: Life-course longterm effects of childhood: selection and scarring effects
- 15.30-17.00: Genetic data for interpreting demographic and social behavior
- 17.30-18.30: The long history of inequalities
Friday, 24 September
- 9.00-10.30: Inequalities in health, longevity and healthy longevity Inaki Permanyer
- 11.00-12.30: Uncertainty and life courses
- 12.30-13.00:Final greetings