The Economics Research Unit at the Institute of Statistics and Mathematical Methods in Economics at TU Wien is offering a position as a Doctoral student / Research assistant starting on August 1st, 2023 (or by agreement) for the duration of 2,5 years. The employment contract stipulates a base salary of € 34,441,40 gross per year (30 hours/week).
• You work towards composing and defending a PhD thesis. A dissertation consists of multiple research papers which are suitable for publication in academic journals.
• You contribute to the research project “Towards a Resilient Future of Europe” (HORIZON EUROPE, futu-res.eu) in cooperation with the project team.
• You participate in international conferences and workshops with the aim of disseminating your research.
• You have obtained a Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematical Economics, Finance, or a related field.
• You have a pronounced interest in the field of quantitative macroeconomics.
• You have a good understanding of quantitative research methods (data analysis, numerical techniques) in economics. Programming skills are desirable.
• You have an affinity and/or prior experience with conducting academic research.
• You are fluent in English.
• Possibility to write a Ph.D. thesis in a well-integrated academic environment.
• Excellent research infrastructure.
• No teaching obligations.
• Opportunities for international collaboration and research visits abroad.
To apply, please send your CV, transcripts of grades, and a one-page leter of motivation via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)