Research Assistant with a focus on Data Management
The official job posting is in German.
Areas of responsibility
The Federal Institute for Population Research is seeking a Research Assistant with a focus on Data Management for a three-year fixed-term assignment in the EU research project REDIM "Regional disparities in cause-specific mortality in Europe: the role of local context and national health policies". In detail, the following tasks are to be performed in cooperation with other members of the research group:
- Data research and literature review for scientific studies on spatial disparities in Europe with a focus on causes of death and small-scale areas
- Systematic collection, harmonisation and documentation of collected mortality data and other social and economic contextual data
- Development and maintenance of databases and literature databases
- Communication with national and international cooperation partners
- A Bachelor's degree in science from a university or university of applied sciences or an equivalent degree, preferably in the fields of social and economic sciences, epidemiology, computer science,
- Data Science, Mathematics or Statistics
- Experience and sound knowledge in the field of data management
- Good knowledge and experience with data analysis software such as R or Stata
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of official statistics is an advantage
- Solution-oriented working method
- Very good team player
- Gender competence
The Federal Institute for Population Research promotes gender equality and is therefore particularly interested in applications from women. The Federal Institute for Population Research supports the reconciliation of family and career through flexible part-time models within the framework of the possibilities offered by the Institute. They are also pleased to hear from applicants of all nationalities. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration in the case of equal suitability; only a minimum level of physical suitability is required of them.
The employment relationship is limited to 36 months on the basis of the Part-Time and Fixed-Term Employment Act § 14 para. 1 and is financed by third-party funds.
If you have a foreign university degree, please submit the statement of comparability from the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB); for further information, please visit the website of the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) at www.kmk.org/zab.
Information on the Federal Institute for Population Research is available at www.bib.bund.de.
Please send your application with relevant documents, quoting the reference number 370/20, preferably by e-mail in a PDF file to: bewerbungen [at] bib.bund.de, or submit it in writing. Due to the administrative cooperation with the Federal Statistical Office, written applications should be sent to the address below.