The Centre for Demographic Research (DEMO) in Belgium (https://uclouvain.be/fr/instituts-recherche/iacchos/demo) informs you of the launch of the «FSR Post-doc 2020» call for postdoc fellowships by the Université catholique de Louvain (www.uclouvain.be). These fellowships have a duration of 24 months and are devoted to researchers who have not stayed or worked in Belgium for more than 24 months in the three years immediately before the first grant period.
The application for a postdoctoral fellowship needs to be supported by the Research Centre in which the applicant intends to work. Interested candidates are invited to follow this procedure:
- for Monday, August 17, 2020: send a CV (first three pages of the application form) and a preliminary project (1-2 pages). This should be sent by email to thierry.eggerickx [at] uclouvain.be;
- Monday, August 31: shortlisted candidates will be informed by the research centre;
- September 1, 2020 to September 30, 2020: Preparation of the application, with the support of the research centre.
- October 1, 2020: deadline for submission of applications.
Candidates must apply in parallel to the F.R.S.-FNRS ‘Chargé de Recherches’ 2021 call (deadline of the call at the end of January 2021).
Research in the Centre for Demographic Research is organized around these broad themes:
- Historical and contemporary demography of Belgium
- Data and methods
- Population, environment and energy
- Fertility, family transformations and gender relations
- International migration and integration
- Population and health dynamics in low- and middle-income countries
- The challenges of ageing
For more information on the research carried out at the Center for Demographic Research and on the choice of a promoter, we invite you to consult our website where you will find our activity reports (https://uclouvain.be/fr/instituts-recherche/iacchos/demo).