EUI Call for Ph.D. Applications 2021-22
Applications for the doctoral programme at the European University Institute (EUI) are now open. Ph.D. programmes are available in Economics, History and Civilization, Law, and Political and Social Sciences.
10 Reasons to Choose the EUI Doctoral Programme
- Fully funded, 4-year Ph.D. programme (tuition fees, living expenses are covered) leading to an internationally recognised Ph.D. degree.
- Leading international centre for doctorate and post-doctorate studies offering intensive supervision by internationally acclaimed faculty.
- High completion rate: over 85% of admitted Ph.D. researchers successfully defend their doctoral thesis.
- One of the world’s largest doctoral programmes in a research-intense environment of more than 900 scholars and a well-connected alumni network.
- A close-knit and diverse community, international (80 nationalities represented), multi-lingual and gender-balanced, coming from a variety of academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Outstanding career prospects within academia, international organisations, and the public and private sectors.
- Intellectual independence supported by quality supervision and peer-interaction. The high number of ERC grants held by our faculty increases opportunities to get involved in cutting-edge research and become part of a broader research community and global research networks.
- Structured Ph.D. programme: we offer a wide range of subject-specific advanced courses taught by core faculty, workshops and training designed to support academic and professional development. There are also opportunities for international exchange programmes and placements.
- Specialised research, academic writing and welfare support, including a world-class Library with a strong open access policy, and many extra-curricular activities in sports, music, art, culture, food and more.
- Florence! The campus is spread across historic buildings in the Tuscan hills, and the city is strategically connected with many European cities and for exploring Italy at large.