The Interdisciplinary Centre of Labour Market and Family Dynamics (LABFAM) University of Warsaw is seeking to fill a position of an Assistant Professor (full-/part-time, fixed-term, 100% research-based) within the ERC Consolidator Grant “Globalization- and Technology-Driven Labour Market Change and Fertility”.
The ERC Consolidator Grant „Globalisation- and Technology-Driven Labour Market Change and Fertility” aims at investigating fertility consequences of the unprecedented changes which have been taking place in the labour markets over the last decades, such as the rising demand for skills, massive displacement of workers due to automation, spread of new, more flexible but also more fragmented work arrangements, increasing work demands and growing inequalities in labour market prospects between the low-and-medium and the highly skilled. The project started on 1.10.2020 and will last for 5 years. It is conducted at the Interdisciplinary Centre of Labour Market and Family Dynamics (LABFAM) (www.labfam.uw.edu.pl) University of Warsaw, which integrates researchers interested in investigating the interdependencies between labour force participation, family life, gender and well-being from an interdisciplinary cross-country perspective.
The candidate should have:
- a PhD in Sociology, Psychology, Demography, Political Science or similar, preferably with a focus on the labour market and / or family research;
- a minimum two years of experience after the PhD, preferably at an internationally recognised research institution;
- research expertise in the field of labour market, family, gender, social inequalities (incl. gender) and/or social / labour market policies, excellent command of related theories and experience in conducting empirical quantitative research on the topic at an international level
- excellent track record of publications in peer-reviewed international journals ranked in JCR;
- good command of modern techniques of quantitative data analysis and experience in working with large datasets;
- excellent communication skills;
- fluency in English.
The knowledge of Polish is not required.
The competition is open to persons who meet the requirements set in forth in the Act on Higher Education of July 20, 2018 (consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2020, item 85, as amended)
Description of the job:
The successful candidate will:
- Contribute to the development of the theoretical framework of the mechanisms linking the participation in the labour market, family formation, gender and policies from the sociological and/or psychological perspectives
- Conducting empirical studies on the effects of changing conditions of labour force participation on family formation with the use of quantitative data and methods
- Preparing academic articles
- Disseminating project results
- Supporting the PI in supervising PhD students
- Participating in various LABFAM research activities and events (e.g. seminars and conferences), collaborating with LABFAM researchers.
- Employment opportunities till 30.09.2025 subject to an evaluation after the first year. Both full-time and part-time employment is possible.
- Monthly remuneration (100% FTE) depending on qualifications: 13 000 – 14 000 PLN gross (~ 2 800 – 3 100 EUR) + the 13th salary
- Work in the dynamic and interdisciplinary research environment which facilitates scientific exchange and support high quality research (www.labfam.uw.edu.pl)
- The position is available since 1st June 2021 and should be filled as soon as possible.
List of required documents:
- Scientific CV including employment history, scientific accomplishments, information about awards, scholarships, research projects and a complete list of publications
- Motivation letter describing previous research and research interests of the candidate and motivating candidate’s interest in the position. The motivation letter should also explain how the candidate meets the requirements of the call (up to 5 pages)
- A copy of two selected publications
- A recommendation letter
- Signed “Information on personal data processing” and “Statement”
The documents should be prepared in English and submitted by email to: labfam [at] wne.uw.edu.pl