3 Postdoc Positions, AXA Research Lab on Gender Equality
The research investigates the public policies which support gender equality and help promoting a more gender balanced equilibrium in the society and in the economy, as well as the promotion of women’s empowerment. It will study both direct effects of public policies on gender equality and indirect effects, for example related to the use of paternity leaves or flexible work arrangements. It will also quantify the role of culture and stereotypes.
The position is full-time research. The candidates are required to do research related to projects on gender equality across several disciplines, investigating the demographic, social, economic and political aspects of gender gaps. They develop empirical research using experiments, surveys, creation of datasets and advanced data analysis. For the purposes of the research project a PhD in Social Sciences (Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Demography, Public Policy, Social Policy) is required, as well as experience with data analysis and STATA and knowledge and interest on research on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
Applications, completed according to the attached form, and addressed to the Rector of Bocconi University, must be sent to the “Faculty and Staff Administration” office via email before 12 noon of 12 November 2020 to recruiting-adr [at] unibocconi.it
Each candidate’s application must clearly indicate:
- surname and name
- date and place of birth
- fiscal code (codice fiscale) (if available)
- contact address
- educational qualifications (degree and PhD)
The application must include the following documents, which must be attached to the application and sent exclusively via e-mail:
- degree certificate (Bachelor and Masters degree), in pdf format;
- PhD certificate or equivalent obtained in Italy or abroad, in pdf format (if available);
- Professional C.V., in pdf format;
- A list of titles and publications in pdf format;
- any certificate or document proving the scientific preparation in the chosen field, which the candidate intends to submit for evaluation, in pdf format.