Population Europe Inter-Faces: Zsolt Spéder
Having a child is as legitimate an aim in life as having a Mercedes" - an interview with Zsolt Spéder (Hungarian Demographic Research Institute, Budapest).
1. What are the most interesting demographic developments in the new European member states in the last decades?
2. What is the reason for this?
3. Will fertility behaviour change soon or always stay low?
4. What is the role of cultural factors compared to economic factors?
5. What do you consider the main cause for fertility decline?
6. What kind of policy intervention would you recommend?
The Population Europe Inter-Face Series has been published with financial support from the Progress programme of the European Union in the framework of the project ”Supporting a Partnership for Enhancing Europe’s Capacity to Tackle Demographic and Societal Change”.