Student Assistant for the research unit “Macro-implications for Demographic Change"
We are a research institute of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science. The Munich Center for Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy studies, evaluates, anticipates and follows the micro- and macro-economic aspects of demographic change. We are currently searching for several:
Student Assistants for the research unit "Macro-implications for Demographic Change".
Researchers at the MEA study the economic effects of demographic change, especially in regards to aging populations. Several researchers also investigate demographic changes due to the current migrant influx to Western Europe.
In your position as a Student Assistant you will be working on current issues of macro-economic implications of demographic change and/or migration to Western Europe through empirical research methods.
Your duties will include: undertaking descriptive statistical analysis with the aid of soft-ware packages such as Stata and/or Matlab, researching data and literature, designing graphics, proof-reading and editing articles, running economic models and compiling the outcomes, and running small projects independently.
- Interest in the scientific approach to migration or macro-economic modelling
- Above average academic achievements
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Good Stata skills, or knowledge in similar software
- Good English skills (native if possible)
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Interest in empirical research
- Knowledge of Matlab would be an asset
- Knowledge in one of the following languages is not required but would be an asset: Dari, Syrian Arabic, Eritrean Tigrinya, Pakistani Urdu, Iranian Persian
- Familiar with the use of a CMS e.g. Typo3 or Drupal would be an asset
- Working in a friendly and international environment
- Insight into current research projects
- Expansion of your knowledge in statistics
- Flexible working hours
If interested, please send your application (cover letter, current academic transcript, resume, diplomas) preferably via E-mail to email@example.com (CC--haertl©mea.mpisoc.mpg.de and Khourshed©mea.mpisoc.mpg.de) quoting reference number 02-17.
Max-Planck-Institut für Sozialrecht und Sozialpolitik