PhD Researcher Scholarship
The PhD researcher will work in the project funded by the Spanish Research Agency (Agencia Estatal de Investigación) Socio-Demographic Consequences of the Great Recession: Altered Class and Gender Relations? (CSO2016-80484-R)
The PhD will write a dissertation based on a set of research articles publishable in international refereed journals. The dissertation should focus on one topic included in the research projects (see below for a summary; further details on request). The PhD researcher will be supervised by one of the members of the project. He/she will have to apply to be admitted to the PhD program in Political and Social Sciences of the Pompeu Fabra University. The PhD researcher will be a member of the Sociodemography Research Group, and will get the opportunity to participate in the Department’s training program for PhD students and will draw up a personal training and supervision plan.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- a Master degree in sociology, demography, human geography, economics, or another relevant social science;
- excellent study results and CV;
- excellent quantitative research skills and proven experience in multivariate statistical analyses of large survey or register data sets;
- good writing skills and fluency in written and spoken English; experience in academic writing in English;
- a great curiosity and enthusiasm for scientific research.
After being admitted to the PhD program in Political and Social Sciences of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, the candidate should apply to the call for doctoral researchers by the Spanish Research Agency (Agencia Estatal de Investigación, AEI). This call is expected for September 2017.
The AEI will shortlist a number of applicants with the minimum required qualification (master degree level), among which the members of the DEMOSOC selection committee will make the final decision.
The appointment of the PhD researcher is at the University Pompeu Fabra, according to the conditions of employment stipulated by the AEI.
Those interested are invited to send their CV and a motivation letter to Meritxell Canals (email@example.com). Please indicate in the e-mail subject: PhD position DEMOSOC.