5th International Workshop on the Socio-Economics of Ageing
Organisers: Paula Albuquerque and Francisco Nunes
Keynote Speaker: Prof. Alexia Fürnkranz-Prskawetz, Technische Universität Wien, Austria
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 6 May 2017
The changing age structure of populations creates challenges and opportunies to countries around the world. In this workshop we consider both the economic dimension and the social dynamics of ageing societies.
This workshop offers a unique opportunity to network with other researchers who are interested in the socio-economics of ageing, share results and learn about new approaches.
We welcome the submission of theoretical, empirical and policy papers. The suggested topics include, but are not limited to, the relation between population ageing and the following:
- Economic policies in ageing societies.
- Effects of the crisis on the older population.
- Life-cycle consumption and saving profiles.
- Labour market behaviour.
- Well-being or happiness.
- The economic status of the elderly.
- Poverty, income distribution inequality, and social exclusion.
- Living arrangements and care arrangements.
- Intergenerational transfers, both public and private.
- Ageing families.
- Population ageing in developing countries.
- Databases and statistics for research on ageing.
Proposals containing the title, name(s) of author(s), institutional affiliation(s) and an extended abstract (2-3 pages) in English should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com until the 6th of May 2017. Decisions will be taken shortly after that. All submissions are peer reviewed.
After acceptance, registration with a fee of 150 Euros will be required. The conference fee includes access to all sessions, conference materials, the conference proceedings, coffee-breaks, lunch and a special dinner with typical Portuguese music (Fado).
In order to improve the quality of feedbacks, this workshop will have assigned discussants. Every presenter will have his/her paper commented and should be prepared to review a paper. The deadline for the reception of the full paper is the 2nd of September 2017.